Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Interesting Experiences as a Special Agent with Military Intelligence" by George A. Borgman

"I had many interesting experiences in the Army in the United States and overseas. I have been involved in various counterespionage activities and investigations in Washington, Germany and Vietnam, plus anti-terrorist activities in Germany.


As a MI Special Agent, US Army, I was in West Berlin when the Wall went up in August 1961 and was in the Pentagon during the last days of the Cuban missile crisis in November 1962.

In October 1967, I worked undercover as a middle-aged hippy during the Pentagon anti-war demonstration and took part in Army coverage of the burning of Washington, D.C., after the assassination of Martin Luther King in April 1968.

I supplimented Secret Service during President Richard M. Nixon's first inauguration in January 1969. Then I spent one year in Vietnam. I was in charge of MI special agents who supplimented the Secret Service during President Jimmy Carter's visit to the Federal Republic of Germany in 1978.

I retired from the U.S.Army, after 23 years total service, as a Chief Warrant Officer 3. I've had an interesting life and have enjoyed it."

No comments:

Post a Comment