Thursday, November 5, 2009

Neville Dickie Remembers

My first meeting with George was when he interviewed me for the Mississippi Rag in 1998. He didn’t do anything by half, and thoroughly researched his subject.

Proof of this was an 18 page booklet he wrote for one of my CDs. It was always a treat to see George and wife Janet on my annual visit to the Sherborn Inn, both loving the music (and the food). Earlier this year he told me he wasn’t in good health but he was determined he and Janet would be at the Sherborn in August to see my performance with Stan McDonald - that was the last time I saw him.

George loved the dry English sense of humour and he laughed at many of the stories I told him. It was a privilege to know this wonderful man.

Neville Dickie, Carshalton Beeches, Surrey, England. October 29th, 2009 5:51 pm, Folsom Funeral Home Website

No comments:

Post a Comment