Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Tribute from Stan McDonald

George was deeply devoted to the original American jazz that he loved and studied assiduously. Including others, he generously covered my Blue Horizon Jazz Band in person at the Sherborn Inn and prior venues, including the Sticky Wicket in Hopkinton (where we first met) for many years: in liner notes of our recordings, and in an extended biography of my own musical history in the February, 2003 issue of The Mississippi Rag, the premier publication preserving our heritage. I shall never forget and will always be grateful to George and his devoted wife Janet and son, Eric for their appreciation and encouragement through the best and worst of times. My wife, Ellen, and my son, Andy, are with me in sending our heartfelt condolences to them and to all of George’s extended family. May God bless and rest in peace the soul of this wonderful and dear personal friend — as his spirit lives on among us!

Stan McDonald. 25 Farm Road. Sherborn, Mass., October 29th, 2009 | 12:54 am, Folsom Funeral Home Website

No comments:

Post a Comment